2 Aug 2011, Comments (11)

The neighbours have moved on

A brewing kit in a front yard with about 100 beer bottles neatly lined up around it

Oh, how we will miss them.

Green bin full of beer cans

Comments (11) »

• Bernce says:

You had a micro-brewer as your neighbour? Lucky lucky you.

• genevieve says:

You’ve just reminded me that my neighbour is felling trees au matin. And I guess things could indeed be worse.

• Kath Lockett says:

Crikey! I remember our Heidelberg neighbours (of similar consumption habits to yours by the looks of the photographic evidence) moving on too – she loudly bragging that they were off to a ‘fancy new house in Craigieburn.’ That was back in 1996 and we know what’s happened to Craigieburn in that time…..

They weren’t bad blokes, quiet. But I don’t think they ever consumed anything solid.

• paul walter says:

Quiten abstemious, this writer would have thought.
    Only a few dozen of homebrew rot-gut, no still, no hydroponics, Harley hogs..

Like I said, quiet – but I’d place a substantial bet on the hydroponics being there.

• paul walter says:

“Wink, wink.. nudge, nudge..say no more”.

• Ann ODyne says:

hopefully their new abode is not next to anyone who does not deserve them.

• paul walter says:

Anyway, if they were real bogans, the lawn wouldn’t be cut and there’d be an old de-wheeled holden or ford up on bricks, to further celebrate the farsightedness of those involved, reflected in this vista- a very representation of effortless material and personal self reflexivity and success.

• TimT says:

You will probably be able to guess about where I am in my life right now when I ask, what happened to those bottles? Are they still available? 😉

No, but the house is. The landlord is one of those remove-all-vegetation-except-lawn – shaved within a millimetre of its life type landlords, so the house is now an absolute classic Arkley.