23 Mar 2011, Comments (6)

Take a good look

If the Liberals should win the next federal election, these are the nongs who will be “governing” you.

More here and here.

Aust Opposition leader Tony Abbott standing with Lib MPs Bronwyn Bishop and Sophie Mirabella in front of a placard painted with flames and "JuLIAR Bob Browns BITCH"

To quote James Bradley of City of Tongues on Twitter, “The level of casual misogyny directed at the PM is truly appalling, and says a lot about those who endorse it.”

Comments (6) »

• zoot says:

Do you think Mr Rabid realises what a bad look this is?

• Ann O'Dyne says:

I second Mr Bradleys “The level of casual misogyny directed at the PM is truly appalling, and says a lot about those who endorse it.”

Gosh Bronwyn Bishop looks scary in that photo. I wish I could know what she thinks of Her Leader v Julia, PM.

• Ann O'Dyne says:

I nearly said “Turnbull is just waiting to re-emerge”,
    and now I find at abc.news –
    ‘‎Are you with me? Abbott asked Turnbull: I am not, he said
    ABC Online – Barrie Cassidy – ‎16 minutes ago‎
    Former Opposition Leader Malcolm Turnbull has lashed out at new Leader Tony Abbott over his climate policy. Conviction politicians are hard to find in Australia these days. ‘

…and Blech!

• paul walter says:

Yes, it was vile, homophobic, sexist and witless.Worse still, it was infantile. Iknow I’m no orphan myself as to some these flaws, but watching it coming from them in such a blatant way, unabashed, before the public, seems to signify some sort of change.
    The antic had me in mind of the worst of the “Ewige” propaganda from the nineteen thirties.
    Hate speech at this level and intensity openly and even in valorised form, could presage more McCarthyism or even totalitarianism, were the global economy to take a big hit.

XHTML– Allowed tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>