1 Sep 2010, Comments (9)

Falling Just Like

First day of spring and it has rained all day.

It’s wet, cold and very, very welcome.

Comments (9) »

• Tony says:

Spring Rain is a very fine song indeed. And rarely, if ever, makes any of those “great opening track” lists.

• Mindy says:

We had a gorgeous sunny 19 degree yesterday, so of course it is raining and 14 degrees today. Maybe you will get the lovely sunny day today?

• Bernice says:

Oh Sydney of my youff. Band of my youff. Too many nights standing in the smoke and split beer at the Sydney Trade Union Club in Foveaux Street.
    Raining here today – wet washing filling the house, currawongs sitting in the cherry tree hoping for scraps.

• Kath Lockett says:

I loved the rain yesterday and as Weatherman Love Chunks pointed out, “It’s been wet, but we need more, much more.”

Still lotsa rain. Planted a tree two weeks ago and another to go in this weekend. I lost the apricot tree in the header image to a vicious gust of droughty heat just before the Black Saturday fires. I’m keeping its place b/c can’t decide whether to replace it or go for an almond?

• Bernice says:

Apricot would be my pick – easier to eat. No drying of the nuts etc etc etc .

Oh, those Moorpark apricots were easy to eat all right. Cried buckets over that tree – the fruit was unbelievable.
    But if I replant, I’ll have to compete with the family of flying foxes who’ve moved into the gum trees along the fence line. And it’s not a 100% solution to use nets, cos then I’ll feel terrible listening to the hungry bats outside.
    Plus, the reason for its demise – knocked over by one single freak day of extreme weather. As a tree that’s mentioned in Mansfield Park, Victoria may be getting too hot and dry for the Moorpark.
    So, the apricot is my preference too, but the almond may be the sensible choice for future el nino systems.

• Kath Lockett says:

I hope we’ll see an article about your gig last night soon, Ms Balcony?

Prolly no time for a post Kath, but it was grouse, and Ann O’Dyne came along – always nice to catch up. The room was nice and full which is always a good thing. You should try that pub as it’s run by the same people as the erstwhile Brunswick Green which I used to rave about, and it has the same laid back, kid friendly atmosphere.