31 Jul 2009, Comments (11)

Ad Nauseam: No. No. No. No. Just: No.

You probably thought this post was going to be about this, but it’s another instance of “what were they thinking?”

I accidentally clicked on this while I was reading something on a site with ads. Do you ever do that? and then bitterly regret it?

Can you imagine walking into your study, or living room, or whatever and being confronted with.. Aaiiieeeee! Yikes!

It's personalised Ernie!

Yes, you are correct, that’s an … urn. For the Disembodied Head’s ashes.

That’d be your boyfriend, newlywed (ex)husband, nephew or grandkid depending on your age group, and still with the deer-in-headlights expression from the moment he turned around and saw the truck, the handbrake of which he’d neglected to secure, rolling toward him. W. T. F. If you’re an introvert and want to send any potential visitor screaming into the night, this product is highly recommended. Still, if I owned one of them, I’d be running screaming into the night myself.

• Deborah says:

That’s fabulous! I read your post and laughed, immoderately. My husband came over and read your post and laughed even more immoderately. Where can we get one?

Laughing at that poor dude’s misfortune (“D’oh! It wuz loaded after all!) You are both going STRAIGHT TO HELL.

Marketing fail…

I should have thought of making the title “Quit while you’re a head”.

Son as asked me please NOT to get one of these if he should meet with a tragic accident.

• ThirdCat says:

It does have a certain appeal

You mean how the top of the head a-peels off

• Kath Lockett says:

Saw this on Neatorama and immediately thought, “Oh he’s a more realistic personification of the cartoon guy with the fliptop head who used to advertise ‘Reach’ toothbrushes.’

I wonder if you can order them in a range of emotions – ie shocked, saddened, laughing, disapproval, horror, rage – you know, in whatever manner they died in. In this guy’s case, it’s “I wonder where that pesky gerbil has got to…”

That’s more of a rogue elephant expression Kath.

• Bernice says:

Well I can certainly think of people whose head filled with their ashes I would want on my shelves…
    It was possible at one stage in the US to have one’s pet rendered post-extinction into a stuffed facsimile of itself, complete with cremated viscerals neatly stuffed inside. These urns need just that extra touch – wigs of the deceased hair style or in the case of the hirsutally challenged, the hair they wish they’d had. Add a bag strap and never leave your ex-loved ones at home again. The possibilities….

Yes, if it was the head of your worst enemy, I could see how it could be quite attractive.

• white rabbit says:

Bloody Hell!!!

They’re not putting me in one of those!!!!

I’ll come back and haunt them if they do…

No need to, Mr Rabbit, the thing is already doing it for you!