The other day, I was pegging out some washing and saw Ollie scratching himself on a piece of trellis which is holding up a jasmine vine. I didn’t take much notice, and then someone said, “oooh, look at Ollie. I think he’s been stung by a bee.”
He had turned into a Shar-Pei.
Fig. 1: Ollie’s normal face (if that’s the right description)
Fig. 2: Ollie stung by a bee
Unfortunately I rushed him to the Vet, thinking he was going to go into anaphylaxis or something (he had lumps all over his head, as well as the wrinkles and the swelling to twice the normal face size.) It was only once he’d had the needle I realised that if I’d got him onto Ebay quickly enough, I could have sold him off as a valuable pedigreed animal.