27 Oct 2007, Comments Off on Acca Dacca is the new Schubert: a Miscellany

Acca Dacca is the new Schubert: a Miscellany

Last night we were watching the ad for bottled salad dressing in which the main character complains that his grandma makes (eww!) Devilled Kidneys! As opposed to his mum, who makes salads drowned in nasty sugary delicious bottled salad dressing.

Me: “They say that like it’s a bad thing.” ( I have to say I don’t eat liver or kidney much any more, because of thinking too much about how they’re filters for toxins. But I have fond memories of offally deliciousness.)

Boychild: “Mum! You’re so old.

…And Dad’s so old, too. He was playing AC/DC on the car radio yesterday!”

Oh.

And here I was thinking that the music teachers at his school were so progressive and all, giving them Highway to Hell and TNT to learn for the school concert.

I’m ashamed to say we were watching Friday Night Download, which really was a worthless heap of shit, except for this Japanese potty training clip.

Boychild also disapproves of this weekend’s listening, Mia Dyson’s new CD Struck Down, and I’ll Kill Her, by Soko (thanks to Zarquon at LP.)

Thirdcat is also feeling like a relic of the 80s. Us old farts rock, I say! (and you’re still younger than me, Thirdcat.)

• ThirdCat says:

Our new neighbours over the back were playing Yothu Yindi ‘treaty last night. And here we were thinking they must be so much younger than us because they manage to have at least one small party every weekend.

Nah, they’re just New Zealanders probably.

• Bernice says:

The Dyson – pleeeeease tell – tis as good as the clip? (damn the young to their own doomed tastes)

Oh yes, but it might be even better to buy Parking Lots first. I missed that one, but Roll me Out is a corker. We saw her launch the CD the other night and she is an extremely charismatic performer. Heaps of power in such a small frame, and such a gracious way about her. And, of course, a great band.

• nasking says:

thnx for your kind words on Lav Prod Helen. Can’t wait for the next RTS post.

• JahTeh says:

Try this, copperwitch is throwing out audio tapes she hasn’t seen for years so anyone for Victor Silvester (I was going to learn to dance) or Ladysmith Black Mombasa, tribal chants are very soothing.

I like LBM, is it the one with Neil Simon?

• Shaun says:

I’ve been known to listen to the odd AC/DC album in my time. And they are old buggers now – though they still rock as they say. But they do have quite a large fan base with the younguns. Just keep playing the tunes and he’ll get the message.

• Ann O'Dyne says:

Boychild has yet to realise that one must be very immature of mind to take pleasure in the Accas –

‘infantile is the new senile’ !

Rock ON.

• JahTeh says:

Hey the brownie’s back so we’re gonna have trouble.
    Sorry couldn’t help myself.
    Yes Helen it’s the one with Neil Simon.
    I also found the Gypsy Kings and Ricky Martin. I wish I had knees that dance.