22 Feb 2007, Comments Off on The dreadful results of excessive reliance on homeschooling

The dreadful results of excessive reliance on homeschooling

Andrew Schlafly (Yes, son of that Schlafly) and some like-minded geniuses, enraged by the pomo relativism, poor spelling and liberal bias of the leftist Wikipedia, have started their own superior and truer version – Conservapedia.

Screenshot from Conservapedia

It’s not doing very well.

• tigtog says:

Curse you and your agile blogging fingers, Ms Balcony: you beat me to it!

Trackback

Tigtog, it should be subject to “distributed mockery” as someone on Crooked Timber put it I think. So go to it.

• tigtog says:

Might do. I agree with Pharyngula that there’s obviously a lot of people joining in to write/edit entries with the intention of mockery. I wonder if the “conversation” in the entry title above was a genuine typo or a rogue editor.

I may be wrong, but I think the distributed mockery began later than 6 January, which is when that was upated. That’s a good point, I’ll have a look and see if there’s any more information on that.

the posts by “Mrs Tilton” are a hoot – that isn’t you, is it Tigtog?

• Bernice says:

Oh thank you thank you thank you. I foresee hours and hours of fun writing God Fearing Righteous entries.

• GoTA says:

But will they have an entry on the gipper?

GoTA, there’s no result for Gipper, but “Ronald Reagan” brings up such gems as

Reagan was strongly opposed to the concept of Big government, advocating a reduction in the size and budget of the federal government, although during his terms in office the government size and budget both increased rather than decreasing due to tax-and-spend Democrats

and

He also introduced the idea of “Reaganomics” in which the rich would spend money which would trickle down to the poor.

• TimT says:

According to the conservapedia, babies prevent cancer!