28 Sep 2006, Comments Off on Unnnnngggghhhhh!

Unnnnngggghhhhh!

I’m not sure what this guy’s ultimate point really was in this rather waffly opinion piece, but the timing of this quaint and avuncular observation

No woman can be hit on TV, and rightly so. Yet nobody seems to notice if men are hit. Can this be right?

was a bit unfortunate, given that this sweet little chick flick was aired on Channel 7 tonight.

• Armagnac Esq says:

I knew I was doing my bit for Feminism when I sat there, awestruck, watching Lucy Liu and Uma waving swords and tried to keep my pulse under 200!

I’d say Helen you’ve pinned this dude like, well, have you seen the scene where Lucy’s character is in the boardroom and she deals with the cheeky fella?

A-anyway, I’m over here to get a link for a baby post, adios…

• Kate says:

What the eff?

(Oh and KAPOW to Helen!)

What about the fact that women are murdered and chopped up every night on TV and their bodies are stuffed in refrigerators — CSI and Cold Case and NCIS and Law and Order and Bones et al. Cripes. I suppose it’s ok if the violence happens off camera and we just spend our time revelling in the aftermath?

I suppose it’s ok if the violence happens off camera

Kate, you read my mind most uncannily.
    And he doesn’t seem to have cottoned onto the Buffy phenomenon. Thwack!!

You know, I don’t normally go for action movies. At all. But KB had me mesmerised. I love it. I also liked Hard Boiled – I think it’s the addition of daggy humour and eccentric characters I like.

Armaniac gives us an (almost) baby update here, with some cool gadgety baby accessories, Dads, for the use of.

I predict once the Dads approach 50% in the baby care area, the baby gadget market, which is bursting at the seams as it is, will go… MENTAL. Look at all those straps!!

• Blue says:

I think I’m sick of men/boys having a whinge about how emotionally bereft they are in liu of actually doing anything about it!

• Armagnac Esq says:

I agree! I drink beer! What’s their problem I wonder??

• shula says:

my 12 year old daughter’s favourite film. Chicks get mad. Everybody dies.

Call me a bad mother, but OH YEAH!

Having said that, what on earth was that twit talking about? What planet is he on? Sort of stupid thing my Dad would say.

I’ve googled him, and he maintains a website full on mens iss-yews, like that old chestnut about women being as domestically violent as men, so that’s kind of where he’s coming from, but he’s not as loud or spittle-flecked as the hard core MRAs. Some of the articles he links to are actually useful.

Mmmmm, beer.

• Armagnac Esq says:

Be liberated. Drink beer.